Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Kindergarten Welcome Letter!

I sent Hannah out to get the mail this evening and Rachel followed behind her.

When they returned, Rachel was holding an envelope and had the biggest smile on her face. We opened it up and just as I was expecting it to be, it was her "Kindergarten Welcome Letter" telling us what teacher she got and what class she was in.

We got the teacher we requested and come August 4th, Rachel will be attending Kindergarten every morning from 8:00-11:30am! She is SO excited!

6 comments:

Joy Howse said...

WOW, I can't believe that 1) you go back as early as Aug 4th, we start the 12th and I thought that was early, and 2) I can't believe they tell you that much in advance who her teacher will be, we find out the friday before school starts. I PRAY I get the teacher I requested for both my kiddos, some of the other ones at those grade levels leave A LOT to be desired.

Darcy said...

Only Kindergarten finds out this early. And it's because they have to give families enough time to adjust to the schedule of Morning or Afternoon Kindergarten. They have to give people time to arrange Day Care, etc, if needed.

As for Hannah, and grades 1-6, we go the afternoon BEFORE school starts after 4:30 to find out who she has. :)

Joy Howse said...

That makes sense for the kinders. I wish they did that for us. I have requested morning but there is no guarentee. That would put a huge monkey wrench in the whole course of the day if things did not turn out like I am anticipating they will.

Kelly Rogers said...

How exciting! I remember my mom crying each time one of us would begin kindergarten because we were officially beginning elementary school. I know I'll cry when Gavin starts, too!

Darcy said...

Oh I know I'll be crying come the morning of August 4th.LOL.

Krissy said...

So exciting for Rachel! Our town has all day kindergarten...