Thursday, October 11, 2007

Rachel's Hearing

It's almost been a week since Rachel had tubes placed in her ears (where does the time go??) and I think she can tell a difference in what she is hearing.

For example, yesterday afternoon, she got into the pumpkin candy jar on the coffee table and the lid rattled. When I came out to make sure she'd not broken anything or eaten all the candy pumpkins inside, she said "it too loud, it hurt my ears". The clanging of the glass pumpkin lid was so clear that she might have been hearing it for the first time, either that or she was afraid she was going to get in trouble for playing with the lid in the first place. LOL.

Another example is this morning was when I was vacuuming, she covered her ears and once again said "that too loud, it hurt my ears".

Defiantly something to remember to tell her ENT at her post op appointment on the 22nd. I'm not sure if they'll do a hearing test in the next couple of months to see if her hearing has improved or not. But for now, I do think she's hearing things differently.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Cool! I wonder if her hearing differently will affect her speech at all?

Anonymous said...

When I had my tubes in, my ears were very sensitive to sound. Crickets drove me nuts. But I was 50, not 3! She must have had fluid in her ears like glue, just like you did.

Sure are good signs of her hearing being improved!

MOM