Sunday, July 17, 2005

Happy 50th Birthday Disneyland!


Everyone who knows me well, knows that I am a Disney Freak, I love going to Disneyland and anything Disney. Because of that, I have to acknowledge that today is the 50th birthday of Disneyland!

However, to keep on topic because this is a blog about Rachel...Rachel's 1st trip to Disneyland was when she was 5 weeks old. My mom and I made the trip after dropping Hannah off at preschool. Some of the 2004 Olympic Swimmers were there that day, holding a competition with swimmers from local swim clubs, and I wanted to go, as we'd watched all the swimming events in the Oylmpics. There was an above ground pool just about the entire length of Main Street. It was sure a sight to see!

One memory of Rachel's 1st trip to Disneyland is that I forgot her special nipple for her bottle. I had bottles of water, formula, but no nipple! I tried a regular bottle which I bought at the Baby Center, didn't work, I tried feeding her with a straw, using the dropper method, and that worked, but it took forever! Needless to say, ever since then, I've always kept a spare nipple tucked away in the bottom of the diaper bag. LOL.

During another visit to Disneyland, Alice in Wonderland came over to Hannah and Rachel. I was impressed with Alice because despite Rachel's facial birth defect, she looked right past it and was just kept talking to her and to Hannah. It was Rachel's 1st character greeting. I know seeing a baby with a cleft lip is very minimal compared to the other children she encounters throughout the day.


Hopefully, as Rachel gets older, she'll get the same enjoyment out of trip to the Happiest Place on Earth as her mother, and big sister do!!

No comments: