Wednesday, June 15, 2011

To Reschedule or Not to Reschedule the Procedure??

After talking over the events surrounding yesterday's attempted procedure and a few other details surrounding the recommended procedure, with a friend and trusted medical professional, we are going to not reschedule the procedure.

Dr. Martin did not see visible fistula upon examining Rachel's palate so at this time we're going to wait and see if the hyper-nasality continues to lessen.


Kari Marchelli said...

I respect your decision Darcy. I think it's best to not have to put someone under sedation unless it is necessary. It's not like Rachel will be harmed if you guys wait it out. Good choice :)

Darcy said...

Kari, the test they had scheduled for Rachel that required sedation, wasn't even the proper test. A testT totally un-cleft related.

They had Rachel down for an esophagram, whereas they put a tube down your throat and look at the lining of your esophagus and entrance into your stomach.

All she was supposed to get was a CT scan/XRray with contrast. Something rather simple.

Just another example for us Moms and Dad's always to be on top of things. Whether it being proper tests scheduled, proper medication dosages, etc, etc.