Sunday, November 21, 2010

Post Op Day 4 - Rachel's BACK!

Rachel is back! And back full force! LOL.

Last night we gave her pain meds at 8:30 and then decided to see how she did through the night. She slept the night through and did not take any more pain meds until 7:30 this morning. She was going to be spending the morning with my Mom while I went to church, so I gave Rachel some pain meds just in case. I've decided to start weaning her off the strong pain meds and will give her regular Tylenol this afternoon if she says something hurts.

Today, the bruising in Rachel's face really surfaced. It started to surface a little bit last night when I was cleaning up Rachel's nose. I thought it was Bentadine left from the surgery. When it wouldn't wash off, I knew it wasn't Bentadine. LOL. Rachel did a great job at eating for my Mom this morning. They made chocolate pudding with whip cream and she ate that. Gramma made her some mashed potatoes and she ate those. And she took a few glasses of White Grape Juice. Ahhh, the magic of Gramma!

I ran to the store for a few things and came back with whip cream since she liked it at Gramma's. Who needs chocolate pudding or pumpkin pie when you can make whip cream snakes!Tomorrow we have a post op appointment with Rachel's plastic surgeon. It'll be good to see him and have her check out Rachel and hear again how the surgery went, etc.

3 comments:

Heidi Thompson said...

Sweet Rachel! I am so glad that she is doing well and getting better each day. :)

Joy Howse said...

Glad to hear that she is getting back to her happy self. :) So nice when they can get weaned off the pain meds. Love the whip cream snakes. Grammas are always magical. Praying tomorrow is quick and productive, with lots of good news from the surgery front. Really glad you have your mom there so you could get out. Nice to feel normal and not bound to the house I am sure. :) Still keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. So very proud of how brave she has been.

Kari Marchelli said...

Just got done reading your blogs from the last few days. She looks great but I'm sure she is sore. One thing you brought up is the fact she felt she was ugly. This makes me nervous for Riley as you never want to hear your child say that. She's a beautiful girl and I hope she sees herself in a different light once she heals.