Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Surgery - To Have or Not to Have?!?!?!?!

UGH! It's been a trying day.

Rachel started coughing last night. Her coughing was still present when she woke up this morning. She had a pre-admission appointment this afternoon for the nurse practioner to check her over and get cleared for surgery. Upon his assessement, he felt it was best to postpone the surgery. When he learned of the importance of having this surgery because the plastic surgeon is leaving and who knows when we'd get in to be seen by another, he called his attending physician and together they decided to go ahead and have us come in tomorrow morning as scheduled and they would re-evaluate her cough then and decide whether or not to proceed with surgery. So as it is right now, we have to check in at the hospital at 7:00am with a 9:00am surgery time.

I'm trying really hard to be positive about all this. But it's hard. Not a single thing has been easy in this journey...not a single thing. I had such a struggle last week in making sure we had insurance authorization for this surgery. Long story short..they kept trying to get authorization from two services in which we aren't even eligible for!!! Grrrr. I've done more praying today and in the night than you'd believe. I know, I know, I know if Rachel can't have surgery tomorrow, she'll get fixed. And for some reason, it wasn't the Lord's perfect timing for this surgery. But why?? :) Oh, so many questions I have in my head in regards to how rough this road has been...but God has His reasons. There's a purpose in all of this.

So here's to a good night, hopefully cough free, and a great outcome at the hospital tomorrow morning.

No comments: