Sunday, October 24, 2004

So Thankful...

There are somedays when I look at Rachel and I'm sad that she has to endure this journey. To be honest, there are days it's makes me sad that we have this journey. I know how "lucky" we are that all Rachel has is a cleft lip and cleft palate. There are so many much worse things that our baby could have been born with...things untreatable, unfixable. All it takes is going to Disneyland and seeing other families with children...and I am so thankful that my daughter can see, can hear, shows no problems that she'll have difficulty walking, and is perfect in every functioning way. The visual of seeing other children who are far worse off than Rachel, really puts it into perspective for me and really makes me thankful that all Rachel has is a cleft lip and cleft palate.