Friday, June 28, 2024

One Year Post Op

It's crazy to think that last week marked 1 year since Rachel's surgery! 

Sometimes I see pre-surgery pictures and I'm in awe of just how different Rachel's face changed with the repositioning of her jaw. 


Today, we saw Dr. Martin for her 1 Year Post Appointment, and he was very happy with her appearance and how things have settled.


I mentioned to him that when Rachel was about 14 months old, he had said he'd love to get his hands on her lip and do a lip revision. Through the years, her lip scar has thinned and changed and he would absolutely not suggest a lip revision. There was nothing in the back of his mind he would recommend be done, unless of course there was something she was not happy with and bothered by, which she isn't, Rachel is very happy with how she looks. 

So that's it! The resident took updated pictures for Rachel's medical records and we will return in one year.


I knew this appointment would be uneventful, and more than likely Dr. Martin would release Rachel from his care. As I wrote in my December post, Rachel's Journey has ended. It's crazy to look back at pictures and read blog posts from the last 19 years. I'm so thankful for all the Lord has done in Rachel's life through this journey and I look forward to what He'll continue to do in the year to come. 


No comments: